Parent Involvement & Membership Requirements
Parents Nursery School is a cooperative nursery school operated by a group of parents who take an active interest in their children's first educational experience. Parent participation not only keeps our school running smoothly, but also creates a rich environment where children and parents thrive. All families are expected to fulfill their annual membership requirements:
- Work in the classroom one morning per week, under the direction of a credentialed teacher. Workday parents arrive at 9:00am to help the teachers in the day's preparation and stay until 12:45pm to assist with daily housekeeping and clean-up.
- Attend parent education classes, parent meetings and potlucks (usually two evenings per month).
- Participate in two 6 hour maintenance days on a weekend (one per semester) to help with the general upkeep of our school
- Complete a Member Job to help with the administrative part of running the school (sample jobs include food shopping, newsletter, fundraising, finance, etc.) A full list of jobs is available once your child is enrolled.
- Participate in our Fall Carnival and Spring fundraising events (about 10-15 hours in the fall, 4-6 hours in the spring).
- Payment of tuition
- Submission of emergency information forms prior to the start of school
- Submission of health forms prior to the start of school (as required by the State Health Department)