Join our PNS community from the comfort of your home.
PNS-at-Home is a program we’ve developed to nurture our families who are not yet ready to join us on campus. It consists of a virtual component as well as a weekly activity box.
The program includes:
- Digital platform for parents to communicate and support one another
- An activity box to take home each week
- Live Zoom session with teachers, including a weekly music class
- Recorded storytimes
- Parent access to virtual parent education meetings, board meetings*, and social events
What’s in the Box and how does it work?
Every week each activity box will be stocked with a minimum of 4 activities to enjoy for the week:
- A manipulative/math concept activity
- A writing or fine motor/pre-writing activity (cutting, drawing, dictating, etc.)
- An art project
- A toy loaned from PNS
Boxes are available for no-contact pick up on Monday of each week and need to be returned Friday so they can be cleaned and restocked for the next week’s pick up. Some items will be to keep and others labeled for return in the Friday box drop off
How will this work?
We will be utilizing Konstella, a digital platform, that will allow teachers to address the class as a whole, post videos, and provide a calendar for Zooms and any other activities. It will also provide a space for parents to communicate with each other and build community during this unsure time. All of this will be available in one location via website or app.
*Parent participation in the traditional coop membership capacity is not required of PNS-at-Home families, but parents are welcome and encouraged to take on a membership job and contribute to the running of the school if they desire.
If you have any questions about our classes and our response to COVID-19, please get in touch at email@example.com